Sunday, November 25, 2007

Why I'm writing this blog

I was an evangelical Christian for about 22 years, but now haven't been one since about 1999. In fact, I'm not even a believer in God in any form anymore. I don't technically consider myself to be an atheist, because I can't prove that God does not exist, but I don't see much evidence that there is a God. I suppose that make me an agnostic since I'm sort of saying that you can't know for sure if there is a god.

In any case, I've gone from being a serious Christian to being fairly godless. Back when I was a Christian I had ideas of how I'd act if I ever quit being a Christian. I haven't become the evil sinner I thought I would be. I do find, though, that I still tend to interpret reality through the sorts of questions that I asked when I was a Christian. I hope to use this blog to put some of my thoughts into writing and see where they go.

No comments: